Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ramadan in Iraq

Ramadan in Iraq (Fasting Month):

RAMDAN, maybe the word is not familiar to some people so I will explain. Ramdan is the fasting month for Muslims; without eating anything from the sun raise till its sunset for one moth, not all people should fast, sick and who want to travel are exception.

After explain Ramadan in few words, let's see how Ramdan in Iraq is? Again! Am going to say BEFORE all restaurants are closed and forbidden eating in front of fasters, most of people went to holy places, special prayers, rituals and also meals!
In fast breaking when the sun sunset, you will find a long table fills with much kind of meals, all family members around it to enjoy their fasting. It has really special feeling (Peaceful one). Then people went to mosques, visit other, shopping….etc.

There is a special game in Ramadan, you see many people play and make matches between different areas called EMHEBES (Caching Ring). Two teams and one ring, first team hide the ring in one of its member's hand and the other team should find it to win, maybe in words it's easy but when there are about 50 persons (100 hands), it will be really hard to find it.

If you heard beat of drums before the dawn, don’t surprise! Kids and teenagers walking in roads and beating drums to wake people to take their meal before fasting and pray.

Yes! A lot of special things in Ramadan but I think you notice that I wrote BEFORE! Let's see Ramadan now!
Its democracy so you can eat in Ramadan no one forbid you to do that at all, people are afraid to go to holy places ( roads and also these places are not safe any more), they do their prayers at home.
After fast breaking, better to spend time at home, who can guess what will happen or what the terrorists hide for us!
Those guys who are walking in roads and beating drums are disappear, who is the crazy who dare to go out at this time ( sure all they will say he's a terrorist want to put a bomb).

It's not safe to practice your religion and go to mosques at night, do you think it's safe to play a game (EMHEBES – caching the ring)!!

Ramadan Kareem (HOLY RAMDAN TO YOU).


Thanks

Nibras

1 comment:

Carlos Evandro Corezola said...

Happy Hamadam Nibras! I imagine that Iraq is hostage of the fear. But I ask: that fear would be the greater, of the terrorist beating its cylinder or the occupation of a nation for the other? I believe that to coexist terrorists day-by-day it must in them bring much fear and agony of death. I do not know Iraq, but it would like to know it now, after the occupation. I have read of webfriends of the Iraq that now is better of what before. It costs to believe me that, to see my busy country for a warlike empire he is better of what being able to worship my proper Ramadam in family with all the rites that had always existed. Not, I am not the favor nor I am making vindication to the terrorism. But what it is making this flag of stars and red stripes inside of its Nibras country? This is not terrorism? I find that she is for this reason that would like to see with my proper eyes Iraq, to hear the reality in the streets, to see the quality of life of the people, to see if children in the schools exist, to see the quality of the hospitals, to see the conditions sanitary where lives the population of Bagdá. I do not know what she would see. If good or bad images. Worship the Ramadam with fear must be horrible. To also fear Bush. Nibras, desire to talk more with you! I want to be its friend. My BLOG http://rgsnews.blogspot.com writes me carloscorezola@hotmail.com this text It was translated with aid of the translator of the GOOGLE.