Thursday, October 19, 2006

Baghdad, Dar Al - Salaam (Peace Land)

I was watching a program on one of the Arabic channels; they invited a famous singer, they were asking her 20 questions to win a prize. One of these questions was" is Dar Al - Salaam (Peace Land) one of Baghdad's old names?" she waved in her hand surprising and answer "Sure No". I don't blame her if she said No! Because no more Salaam (Peace) in Baghdad.

One day, I was talking to a friend (western but doing business here). He said that he miss his home too much, I said Yes! I can understand your feeling, he replies and how you can? You are in your home with all your people! I said "It's not my home"!

Yes it isn't! The violence and the randomness in everything make it not a home; I miss my home when I can feel in peace and love, not this big mess!

Every sunshine in Baghdad when I greet morning .... wish and pray to this country a safe and peaceful day!

And hope won't end till see my country safe and full with PEACE!


Thanks

Nibras

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice site... keep the good work.

Sarmad Khemmoro
UNITED STATES....
smaroghi@yahoo.com